Mobile interface ?

Suggestions for new features

Mobile interface ?

Postby erpnedir » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:23 am

Hi,
Is there a plan to implement a mobile friendly interface for Reportico? It would be a good move for the fast developing mobile market (and for me of course :) )
erpnedir

Re: Mobile interface ?

Postby peterdeed » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:11 pm

I think that would be a very good idea and would help me too ...

Id be interested in any views on how the web user interface should operate in regards to criteria entry, viewing reports (which can be quite wide) etc...

For the criteria entry it would certainly be easy without any code changes to generate a "mobile" template which would present a cut down version of the current system.
I might try this myself, but if anyone wants to try themselves its a case of going to the templates directory and copying the execute/prepare/menu templates to new files with the prefix "mobile_".
Then you can modify the new templates to strip elements out. By calling reportico from a mobile with the URL parameter template=mobile will use the new templates.

However i think that to make it useful it would require some code work over and above template modification to make the pages more compact and provide a slicker interface..
also im not sure how you can easily show a wide report on a mobile.

Peter
peterdeed

Re: Mobile interface ?

Postby jeffstine » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:36 pm

Has anyone given this a try if so would you be willing to share?
jeffstine

Return to New Functionality